Tuesday, August 20, 2013

A Successful Dairy Farmer

1. Forgiveness is a twisted concept. Don't believe the hype; choose to evolve. Understanding + Acceptance = Peace. If you feel someone has wronged you, try to understand why they did what they did. Then simply accept that they did it. You can't change it. OK, that's over; in the words of my esteemed colleague Colonel Emerson Hart, "Let's move on."

2. And some more unsolicited advice: No one looks good operating a mobile device. Try to minimize usage in public, if only for fashion's sake. A few months ago I ended up in a watering hole in which I had no business and was a little shocked to see the multitude of faces hunched over something or another, illuminated by a horrible ghostly electronic glow. A bar full of hot young things transformed into a dungeon of Frankensteins. It occurred to me that many of these people had probably put a considerable amount of time, expense and effort into what they were wearing and other aspects of their appearance, only to ruin it with the harsh reality of their electronic tethers. Think about it.

3. I believe in the United States Men's Soccer Team. Ike and I watched a replay of the Bosnia-Herzegovia friendly Sunday and I was blown away by the resilience of a side that managed to answer a two goal halftime deficit with four unanswered goals in the span of thirty minutes. In Sarajevo, to boot. If I had that much composure... well, shit, I would probably be a successful dairy farmer by now.

4. In honor of the aforementioned team I dedicate this week to the practice of overcoming and kicking ass. And Jozy Altidore. Let's get this party started with another track from the Brand 0, "Power of Imagination." Strike out and conquer, my friends; or, as my esteemed colleague Jared Moontz of Online Soccer Academy would say, "Believe In It!"

POWER OF IMAGINATION (Brand 0)

1 comment:

George Leger III said...

David, congrats on Issac, Becoming a father was the best day of my life to date.
That said, hearing new music from you is awesome. Like breathing after holding ones breath for so long. You are in my top 10 life time artists category so hearing a new perspective on "life, love, and the pursuit of happiness of David Mead" is a welcome addition to my morning here in LA.
For that I thank you!
George Leger III