Friday, August 23, 2013

Smooth Move

Today I am going to power wash my deck. It has been gathering mold and mildew for about two years now. After a good rain, its surface is like green ice to walk on; I am shocked that we haven't been hit with a lawsuit yet based on how many people have come very close to breaking their backs. I have come closer to falling more often than anyone, I imagine. And yes, I would sue myself. My mother-in-law is a retired attorney and I think she would happily give me a good rate for both the prosecution and defense.

Some highlights from the week not involving my family:

M- Reunited with main songwriting squeeze Bill DeMain, wrote something for new Swan Dive album. Very Hall and Oates-y. Discussed flooring, real estate, break-up techniques.

T- Worked in studio; recorded Ruby Amanfu's insanely good vocal on a song we wrote a couple of weeks ago. Ruby completely re-arranged our tea cabinet; I have no idea where the Smooth Move is now.

W- Worked in studio until 1:00, took Mom to doctor's appointment. Played pick-up soccer in Bellevue and scored four goals. Pleased with skill and stamina progress.

Th- Worked on song with difficult Bachrachian time signature changes until petering out around 1:00. Wondered if anything in 2013 can benefit from difficult Bachrachian time signature changes. Took Ike to coffee shop. Went for a short evening solo training session that left me pretty winded and revealed serious flaws in my left foot distribution techniques. Not pleased with skill and stamina progress.

F- The world awaits.

Here is a new tune from the VITAMIN D project. Initially intended for the world of television advertisements, I am now thinking that this line of lite composition might make a fun musical about rich stoned teenagers during a New York Summer. Hmmm.

Have a fine weekend.

HERE COMES MR. SUN (Vitamin D)





2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a lovely song! And I have some Smooth Move if you need to borrow any....

Matt Whitby said...

I want an album full of this kind of this please...